Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


  1. Ellian, Part C of SANS 10400, Dimensions gives some guidelines, but does not cover the width of passages – only height (2.1 m). It also states, “Two or more spaces shall be deemed to be one room if any dividing wall or partition, including any door, erected between such spaces occupies less than 60 % of the area of the separating plane” in which case plans would not be required. There are though some specifications for public buildings in terms of disabled people in Part S. There must be sufficient space to enable wheelchair users to make 90° turns. In this part of the regulations the minimum passage width specified is 900 mm. The minimum width for a doorway is 750 mm.

  2. Hi

    I would like to know the following:

    What is the standard width of a passageway in an office building?
    Is it a legal requirement to submit drawings for dry wall partitioning to council for approval?

  3. The regulations regarding drainage are extremely strict. What you describe it completely illegal. What you should do is call in a qualified, registered plumber and get a report that you can give to the landlord. You could also ask the health inspector from your local authority to investigate.

  4. elaine fourie says:

    Good day I wouldlike to know what the the regulations is about a toilet drain pipe is in your home. We rent a house a woodwn structure but there is a a flat build underneath the hoise but our rooms drainpipes go through the flat its not covered and when some one us the toilet you can imagaine the smell.