Main picture above: This deceptively uncluttered kitchen includes a host of special features, including pull-out vertical tiers for groceries, a built-in microwave oven, and a stacked washing machine and tumble dryer, which are concealed behind closed doors.
Your Kitchen Planning in Stages
The Four Stages of Kitchen Planning
Minimum Modules and Enticing Extras
These floor plans show the same kitchen treated in two different ways. The first has been a kitchen planning on a limited budget and contains the basics only, while the other is a truly luxurious design, containing a variety of appliances, gadgets and special units.
Bear in mind that kitchen installation companies tend to charge per unit- the second kitchen shown here has a total of 18 units, making it considerably more expensive to build than the first one, which has only seven, Any major changes to plumbing or electrical installations will push the price up, as will any special features such as enamel sinks, post-formed finishes, solid wooden doors, pull-out drawers or storage units with smooth runners.
Key for drawings:
A. Washing machine, B. Double sink, C. Cupboards, D. Fridge, E. Stove, F. Broom cupboard, G. Curved shelves, H. Pull-out bin, I. Dishwasher, J. Preparation bowl, K. Vegetable drawers, L. Built-in microwave oven, M. Pull-out mixer arm, N. Tray cupboard, O. Hob with deep pot drawers below, P. Drawers, Q. Eye-level oven.
A room planned on a budget need not be inconvenient. This kitchen has a functional, compact work triangle, and features plain white formica counters and melamine doors with colourful handles. Extra wall units and appliances can be added when your budget allows.
Sensible allocation of limited space has resulted in a luxurious yet compact design. Features include Post-formed formica counters, an enamel sink and separate preparation bowl, a built-in hob and extractor, eye-level oven, dishwasher, washing machine, microwave oven and pot drawers.
How To Plan A Modern Kitchen Briefly 7 Items
- Identify Your Kitchen Needs – Consider what you use your kitchen for and how much space you need
- Choose a Layout – Decide on the layout that works best for your needs and lifestyle
- Select Cabinetry & Appliances – Pick out cabinetry, appliances, and fixtures that match with the style of your home
- Determine Lighting Requirements – Plan the lighting to create an inviting atmosphere in the kitchen
- Add Finishing Touches – Include decorative elements such as backsplashes, countertops, and hardware to complete the look of modern kitchen design
- Install Your Kitchen – Have a professional install all components according to safety regulations
- Enjoy Your New Modern Kitchen! – Celebrate by cooking up something delicious in your new space!
How To Plan A Modern Kitchen Expanded 6 Items
- Establish Your Wants and Needs: Before you start planning your modern kitchen, it’s important to determine what features you need and want in your kitchen. Consider the size of your space and what type of appliances you want. Take into account your budget and the overall style you want to achieve.
- Choose Your Cabinets: The cabinets are the most important feature in any kitchen, so it’s important to select the right style and finish for your modern kitchen. Choose cabinets with sleek lines and hardware that will add a contemporary touch. Choose lighter woods such as maple or birch, or go with a modern classic like white cabinets.
- Choose Your Appliances: Modern kitchens are all about sleek, stainless steel appliances. Choose appliances that are energy efficient and modern in design. Select a refrigerator that is both functional and stylish, with plenty of space and adjustable shelves. A range with a cooktop and oven combination is a great choice for a modern kitchen.
- Choose Your Countertops and Backsplash: Choose countertops and backsplash materials that will bring a modern touch to your kitchen. Granite countertops are a classic choice, but quartz and concrete are also popular modern options. Choose a backsplash that is either tiled or made of glass.
- Choose Your Lighting: Lighting is an important part of any modern kitchen. Choose recessed lighting, fixtures in a contemporary style, or pendant lights over the island.
- Accessorize: Add modern touches to your kitchen with bar stools, tableware, and other accessories. Choose items in metal, glass, or wood with clean lines and modern colors.