Cape Town municipality contact

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


  1. You need to contact your local authority and report the fact that the structure is being built without approved plans. They will send a building inspector and take the necessary action.

  2. Good day

    I would like to lodge a complaint/Concern which could be a very DANGEROUS situation in my residential area
    There is a double story structure coming up at no 74 Good street Sophiatown which is been built without a approved plans , should this continue there will be serious consequences .

    Could an Inspector kindly visit this site as a matter of Urgency,

    Also Note there is a Creche next door so God forbid this structure does not come down harming innocent pesons

  3. Hi you can go check at municipality and if you need architecture, engineer to stamp you can contact 010 5951 058 or visit POD Off Grayston 108 Elizabeth avenue parkmore sandton

  4. Lynn Parker says:

    Good Morning…. Is this site still working?

    I desperately need advice wrt neighbors building onto the boundary even after I refused to sign off on their plans.

  5. Good day
    Please help I’m having a problem with land grabbers that are digging sand from my hard resulting that the walls around it have collamps and I tried speaking to municipality no one seems to care and its getting out off hand please assist me.
    I’m in cape town phillipi HAZELDEAN.

  6. You will need to contact your local municipality

  7. Hi Janek

    I am looking for a demolition certificte and would like to know how I can get one? Also does it last for long or do I have to renew it everytime when I demolish something?


  8. You will need to get a competent person to draw plans for you because plumbing is involved. However you might not need plans for the pool (the City of Jhb) doesn’t require them any more as far as I know. So your first step will be to talk to your municipality and double check what they require.

  9. Hi, I want to do some renovations in my kitchen and bathroom and add a room with bathroom and install a pool what will my steps be to start this ASAP and do you have contacts (inspectors, architects etc.)
    I am situated in the Springs area Gauteng

  10. Phone your local authority and ask for the number.

  11. Hi There,

    I am desperately looking for the contact numbers for the Building Inspector for Northcliff / Waterval Estates. Please please assist.


  12. We have the JHB town planning scheme here: town-planning-scheme-jhb. The other suggestion is to ask the draughtsperson for a list of the things that he says that cannot be done and then got through to the Council Planning department and ask them.

  13. 1. Can you please inform me of building operating times in a residential area?
    2. Our neighbours completely demolished their house 18 months ago and the end is not in sight. We have been patient up to now, but with Matric exams around the corner , we are starting to feel desperate. Last year they also worked right past the 15th Dec with the result we couldn’t use our pool or back yard !
    Live in Claremont, Cape Town

  14. Christine says:

    My daughter is finishing university at the end of the year. My house in Blaigowrie is tiny so I want to convert my garage/domestic room/toilet into a flatlet for her and add a double garage. My house only covers 15 % of the property.
    The ‘draughtsman’ that’s drawing up the plans keeps coming up with ‘Blaigowrie by-law reasons’ why certain things cannot be done. I’ve lived here for 8 years and have noticed the alterations and extensions that have been done in the suburb.
    Mine isn’t anything as large or extensive as those. I’m beginning to think this draughtsman has no idea what he’s doing.
    Can you refer me to a site where I can check on what’s allowed and what isn’t.

  15. Michelle you should be able to get them from your local authority – unless they have been lost! Alternatively you may have to track down the original owner.

  16. Hi
    I would like to know how can I obtain existing plans for my house? I would like to build on and need these.
    Thanking you

  17. Tarryn this is not covered by the building regulations. Your local authority will be able to advise if you are allowed to operate from an office on a residential property and whether there are any m size constraints.

  18. Hi V Mugnai, The engineer that signs the plan approval must have the form. If you go to your local council planning departmant the will have the full selection of forms needed for plan approval.

  19. Subject:
    Engineer’s form 4
    please can you tell me where I go to download this form.
    Thanks V. Mugnai

  20. Subject:
    Maximum allowed office size

    Good day
    We would like to know what the maximum office size is allowed on a residential premises please.

  21. With your local authority – City of Johannesburg. I am not sure which department, but it could be covered by the Building Regulations because they govern class of occupancy – which in turn governs numbers etc.

  22. Andre Snyman says:

    How and where do I raise my concerns about an illegal commune in my neighbourhood _ Florida.

  23. Nadine it depends largely on the zoning of the land, and what the local authorities allows. I suggest that you contact their planning department for advice.

  24. Subject:
    Building on Sectional Titles
    Good day,
    I am interested on buying a sectional title piece of land on a smallholing and would like to know what the regulations is for building on sectional title small holdings in the Free Sate. Will I be able to build a few flats on this piece of land? Any advice or re-direction is much appreciated. Thank you,

  25. Ros Stephens says:

    please tell me to whom one would direct a complaint about razor wire in reisidential areas in Claremont? Thanks

  26. Hi Dieter,
    You do not say where the property is. There are two, one in Centurion and one in Randburg and they fall under different municipalities. Get hold of the relevant municipality and they are the only one’s that can tell you about business zoning. The contact numbers can be found here: municipality-contact

  27. Where can I check if part of Jan Smuts Avenue will be considered for business or office use?
    My client property is at 443 Jan Smuts Avenue.

    Kind regards