burst pipes

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


  1. Trysie Jute says:

    COULD YOU PLEASE let me know if it is allowable to put the Stop cock for a water meter in the ceiling of a house? That is what our Trustees are going to do this coming week in our complex (Homeowners Association)

  2. Bilal, You might do, but to be honest, the time, effort and possibly money you will have to output will probably not be worth it. I presume that the original plumber was qualified and registered – and approved by the insurance company. Presuming this to be so, perhaps your best approach would be to go to the insurance company and report the situation. They normally only deal with specific companies and therefore might be able to use some of their own muscle to force the plumber to reimburse you, if in fact the installation was done incorrectly.
    Is the “new” plumber qualified and registered. I don’t want to sound cynical, but as a layperson you probably wouldn’t be able to tell if it was done correctly in the first place.
    Unfortunately there are a huge number of “plumbers” out there who are not qualified and who regularly botch jobs.

  3. Bilal Mohamed says:

    Good Morning
    I had my geyser replaced and installed (via insurance claim) in March
    2011. This year (May 2013) a plumber replaced the element, thermostat
    and gasket (via ABSA assist). We were informed that that the previous
    installation was incorrect i.e. connection of earth wire to geyser was
    done incorrectly. Do I have recourse to claim from previous plumber
    for (earth connection) costs?
    Thank you

  4. This is a good site.

  5. Wilhelmina Olshan says:

    Useful information. Lucky me I discovered your website unintentionally, and I am surprised why this coincidence didn’t took place earlier! I bookmarked it.